Artisans' Guild Gallery Membership Application
The Gainesville Artisans’ Guild was established in 1970 to create a network and market for area artists. The Artisans’ Guild Gallery is located in the historic Pleasant Street neighborhood in downtown Gainesville and is among the oldest artist owned and operated cooperatives in the country. Members staff the gallery, participate in committee work, and are encouraged to have an active voice in the business.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- All work must be designed and made by the member.
- Members must have a phone number and an email address.
- Members are encouraged to be active on social media and be willing to promote the guild.
- Membership is initially via CONSIGNMENT, currently 50% commission.
- CONSIGNMENT Members are not required to work a shift.
- CORE (working) members, work shifts, participate in committee work, and help with special events. They are selected from CONSIGNMENT members who demonstrate an interest and ability to work as a CORE member. They receive a higher percentage for their sales.
- CORE members are required to stay informed about Guild business and to review quarterly Board of Directors’ meeting minutes via SLACK platform. CONSIGNMENT members are encouraged to do so.
New member applications are submitted to our Chairperson of the Membership Committee and reviewed by our Standards committee throughout the year – you may apply anytime online.
Complete the application form, including signing the New Member Release form and attaching 2 checks: a $25 non-refundable jury fee and a separate check for $75. The check for $75 will be returned if you are not accepted.
Make checks payable to: Gainesville Artisans’ Guild, Inc.
Mail or deliver your application and checks to:
Gainesville Artisans' Guild, Inc.
224 NW Second Avenue
Gainesville, Florida 32601
Submit 3 – 5 images of your work via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your media, dimensions, and retail price for each submission. Following online pre-screening you may be invited to bring actual work into the gallery for our standards committee to evaluate. You may also be asked to come in for a brief interview. Next, our standards committee will make recommendations to the membership and we will vote. You will be notified of the Guild's decision by email or by phone.
Direct further questions to the Chairperson of the Membership Committee, Bettianne Ford;
Contact info: email@example.com 352-372-2485
Thank you for your interest in the Gainesville Artisans' Guild Gallery.
Click here to download membership application.